Logos Academy Harrisburg is currently seeking a third grade teacher and substitute teachers for the 2021-22 school year. We're looking for educators who share our passion for serving students in Harrisburg in a culturally diverse, Christ-centered, learning environment.
Logos Academy Harrisburg is seeking candidates for a third-grade teacher position for the 2021-2022 academic school year as we expand our elementary program by adding third grade. The person in this position will be responsible for the planning and implementation of grade-level lessons and assessments in support of the curricular scope and sequence. The successful candidate will develop and maintain a formative classroom environment and culture while maintaining strong parent partnerships. Support of the school’s day-to-day operation by assisting where needed with arrival, dismissal, lunch, and recess is a vital part of this position.
As a Christ-centered school, Logos Academy Harrisburg asks all staff to profess a Christian faith consistent with the Apostles’ and Nicene Creeds. We appreciate and affirm the broad diversity of the larger Christian church and are not affiliated with any particular denomination or theological tradition. Our open-enrollment policy attracts students of all faiths, as well as those with no faith background at all. The successful candidate will be comfortable in this diverse setting.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Candidates should possess a degree in education, with PA Teacher Certification preferred.
- At least two years of experience teaching in a culturally and socioeconomically diverse elementary classroom setting is required.
- A working knowledge of the trauma-informed classroom is essential, and experience in classical education is important.
- Priority will be given to the candidate with strong soft skills and a proven track record in effective student care and support.
- Ability to communicate compassionately and effectively with parents and guardians is essential.